Join our team
Are you seeking an opportunity to LOVE WORK, LIVE LEISURE, all whilst INSPIRING COMMUNITY ACTIVITY? Join the BLUEFIT FAMILY today!
There are many benefits of working for BlueFit which include flexibility around study, family and leisure commitments. And if that isn’t enough, as a team member you get free facility access, discounted learn-to-swim lessons, along with many other professional development and training opportunities.
A Pool Lifeguard plays a very important role in ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all community members in and around aquatic facilities.
Our Pool Lifeguards must remain vigilant at all times, whether the facility is busy or quiet and regardless of the swimming ability of the community members in and around the water.
Being a Pool Lifeguard involves the following.
Pool Supervision, including accessing swimming abilities and completing head counts.
Connecting with community members, making them feel welcomed.
Educating community members on our pool rules and safety procedures.
Risk Management, looking for hazards or potential hazards and following BlueFit policies and procedures to report/manage.
Administer first aid, CPR or defibrillation if required.
Respond to any emergencies including pool rescues.
Complete incident reports as required.
General cleaning and presentation duties.
BlueFit is currently offering you the opportunity to become a POOL LIFEGUARD by learning on the job while you gain your Pool Lifeguard qualification for FREE.
See what our participants have to say
“I really appreciate the opportunity and the way you’re recruiting. It definitely changed my life. 😊”
“Becoming a swim teacher is always something I wanted to do and was a perfect casual job in high school.”
“I thought this job is only for people who are perfect at swimming, or had studied at Tafe etc for year, but the advertising Made me feel welcome and the training helped me realise it’s for everyone who is passionate. After starting the training I found myself really loving it, if this program didn’t exist , I’d probably never find out there’s an opportunity I’d really love.”
“I have loved it thus far! I’m very grateful for the opportunity to participate in the program! I love teaching life skills in such a supportive environment after working for many years in an office! Definitely loving it! Thank you for the opportunity to do this, it has been incredible!”
Terms and Conditions
To eligible for this opportunity the following criteria must be met.
- 16 years of age or over.
- Be available to attend an online interview and be selected to participate in this opportunity.
- Be available to complete an open, close and weekend training shift.
- Hold a current HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation & HLTAID011 Provide First Aid qualification, or a willingness to obtain at your own cost prior to the Pool Lifeguard course.
- Be available to attend the scheduled course date for the Pool Lifeguard certificate.
- Be able to swim 200m in six minutes and tow (a human weight) and exit the pool within 1 minute and 45 seconds.
- Be available for a minimum of 2 shifts per week, for a minimum of 6 months
- If you are eligible you must obtain a valid employee Working with Children Check in accordance with your state at your own cost.
Have good communication skills and a passion for teaching people new skills.
- Free training is only available for the SISSS00129 – Pool Lifeguard course delivered by Southern Education
- All information regarding employee eligibility will remain strictly confidential between the applicant and BlueFit.
- Personal information such as full name, email address and mobile will be shared with our training provider Southern Education. Southern Education is a business within the BlueFit Group family.
Frequently Asked Questions
To be considered for employment with BlueFit at the completion of the program you will need to hold the following
- A current HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate
- A current HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid certificate
- An employment Working with Children Check (If applicable to your age and state find out more here)
Your first aid and CPR qualification can be obtained through Southern Education or any other provider. Please ensure the course code matches the above codes.
If you can’t attend the designated course date you won’t be eligible to participate in this opportunity.
You can still obtain your Pool Lifeguard qualification on another date at your own cost either with Southern Education or another provider in your state. Then you can apply to become a Pool Lifeguard at your local BlueFit facility here.
That is ok, as long as they can complete within two weeks of successfully completing the pool lifeguard course.
You won’t be eligible to receive the Pool Lifeguard course for free. You can still obtain your Pool Lifeguard qualification on another date at your own cost either with Southern Education or another provider in your state. Then you can apply to become a Pool Lifeguard at your local BlueFit facility here.
If you are unsuccessful in obtaining your Pool Lifeguard certificate you will be unable to work as a Pool Lifeguard and will be offboarded as a BlueFit employee.
While you won’t be eligible for the free Pool Lifeguard Course you can still obtain your Pool Lifeguard qualification on another date at your own cost either with Southern Education or another provider in your state. Then you can apply to become a Pool Lifeguard at your local BlueFit facility here.